Information Technology Services is upgrading our faculty and staff email system to Exchange 2010. Exchange 2010 brings notably significant improvements to Outlook Web Access, now called Outlook Web App, and infrastructure updates that enable it to more tightly integrate with the latest versions of Office, SharePoint and Lync.
What you need to know:
The transition from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 should be a transparent process.
- To avoid client configuration issues, we ask that your mail client (e.g. Outlook 2007/2010/2011) and Microsoft Lync client be closed during the communicated cutover time.
- Sign out and Exit Microsoft Lync / Microsoft Communicator
- Exit Microsoft Outlook
- Mobile device users utilizing ActiveSync should update their server setting to outlook.neu.edu, if currently set to legacy.neu.edu. We encourage this change be made prior to the migration to minimize possible disruptions. Detailed instructions can be found on the Mobile Devices page.
- Administrators of existing distribution lists will NOT be able to manage group membership. Changes to distribution lists should be requested through ServiceNow or the IS Service Desk. This will be resolved during the IS Pilot.
- No client upgrades are required, however we recommend upgrading to the latest version Outlook 2010 for Windows and Outlook 2011 for Macs for functionality and performance enhancements.
- It is recommeded that all non-NUNET computers have all Windows and Office updates installed prior to your mailbox migration.
See the Known Issues page for additional issues and limitations.
Please check back for updates and known issues. We would appreciate any feedback be sent to email@example.com. If you have any questions or require support assistance, please contact the IS Service Desk at (617) 373-4357.